In case you live under a rock, Spring Weekend is this weekend. And, since this is my third Spreekend (weird) I’m a seasoned veteran. Here are some tips to keep your weekend from going terribly, terribly wrong.
1. Get out of whatever you’re doing on Friday as early as possible. Got class? Skip it. Same goes for work. If you must go into work, get out early. How else are you going to catch up with everyone who has been
drinking sitting on Eddie’s all day? So get out ASAP and get out there.
2. Remember, it’s a marathon, not a sprint. If there’s one mistake I made freshman year, it was too much, too fast. Pace yourself. Two days of continual drinking is a challenge, and you have to keep a steady pace if you want to make it to all the events (for all the free food, obvz).
“If you’re drinking all day, you’re drinking Coors Light.”– A few words of wisdom from my dad.
3. Wear appropriate attire. No matter what your usual style–everyone is a huge raver Friday night for the DJ in black and neon with glow sticks, and an enormous hippie/hipster Saturday for the concert. And nothing says “classy” for the Under the Tent Dance like getting ready under the influence.
4. Take a nap. I’ve gotten mixed reviews on this one, but I always think a nap is a good idea. Chug a giant bottle of water after the concert, pass out for an hour or so and wake up revvin to go for the rest of the day.
5. Don’t bring or wear anything valuable. You’ll lose it. Or break it. Keys, shoes, ID’s, sunglasses–Spring Weekend will claim it all.
I’m sure there’s a million more things to remember, but these are a few of my favorite tips.
Happy Spring Weekend everyone!!